Tummy tuck and liposuction are two surgical treatments that are comparable but not identical. Both of these procedures aim to make your stomach appear flatter and tighter. However, there are some significant distinctions between these two procedures. In this article, you’ll learn the differences between a tummy tuck and liposuction, as well as which method is right for you.
What is the difference between a tummy tuck and liposuction?
Plastic surgeons believe that both operations will make your stomach appear flatter and tighter. However, the two procedures are distinct, with risks and results. Below you can find the primary differences between the two abdominal procedures:
- Liposuction is a procedure that eliminates tiny fat deposits from the hips, thighs, bottom, or stomach.
- A Tummy tuck removes extra fat and skin that diet and exercise can’t resolve.
The two operations are designed for patients who want to achieve identical cosmetic goals.
Tummy Tuck Procedures
A Tummy tuck does not only eliminates the excess fat from the abdomen but also removes superfluous skin. The skin on and around your abdomen can also expand when you are pregnant or have lost a considerable amount of weight. A tummy tuck can be utilized to restore the appearance of a flat and contoured abdomen. Plastic surgeons make this by reuniting the rectus abdominus. However, this procedure is not for everyone. You may want to reconsider a tummy tuck if:
- you are hoping to fall pregnant in the future
- you are actively trying to lose weight
- you have a BMI over 30
- you have a chronic heart condition
Once your stomach is anesthetized, your surgeon will make a series of small incisions around your stomach fat deposits. After that, a thin tube will be put beneath the skin to loosen the fat cells. And a medical vacuum will be used to suck away the fat, resulting in a flatter stomach. It is worth noting that this procedure may take several sessions to reach your desired result.
It’s difficult to tell the difference between a tummy tuck and liposuction results because they both produce the same: a flatter and tighter stomach. However, one is frequently more durable than the other.
- Tummy tuck: The benefits of a tummy tuck are frequently permanent. The technique aids in the strengthening of your abdominal muscles, as well as your abdominal wall. Unless your weight fluctuates or you become pregnant, the excess skin that was removed will not reappear.
- Liposuction: People who have liposuction on their abdomen will expect to see a flatter and proportioned abdomen area after recovery. These results are said to be permanent. However, if you gain weight in the future, fat will reaccumulate in your body.