A tummy tuck is a surgery type that aims to reduce your fat around the abdomen or stomach. People also know the tummy tuck surgery as abdominoplasty. Tummy tuck surgeries one of the most preferred plastic surgeries from year to year.
When surgeons make tummy tuck surgery, they focus on two important things. The first is removing excess fat and skin after weight loss or pregnancy, the second is the correction of abdominal muscle laxity. To do this process, the tummy tuck requires a long incision like other surgeries, and it will result in a scar after surgery.
To reduce your scars after the tummy tuck surgery, there are many ways. When you apply these methods properly, the scars you get from your tummy tuck surgery can be visibly reduced and barely noticeable.
- You should follow the care instructions given by your surgeon.
- It is important to monitor your skin for infection.
- You should start topical treatments at the right time. When your incision is no longer covered by scabs, you can start with topical treatments.
- You need to keep your skin well moisturized but don’t forget, you can only apply moisturizers directly to your scars after the incision has closed.
- It is also important to cover your scars from UV exposure because it makes your scars darker and thicker.
- You can try laser and light-based treatments right after your surgery.
- You can get micro-needling or collagen induction therapy.
- You can cover your scars with tattoos.
The bottom line, the tummy tuck is a surgery that requires incisions on your abdomen or stomach to reduce your fat. These incisions will results in a scar after surgery. We mentioned above some ways to minimize your scars if you do those properly, you can minimize your scars.