The Tummy Tuck scar is an inevitable result of a Tummy Tuck surgery. But, you can reduce your scars by applying good aftercare procedures to your abdominal area.
A tummy tuck is a form of surgery that tries to remove fat from the abdomen and stomach. Abdominoplasty is another name for belly tuck surgery. Year after year, tummy tuck procedures are one of the most popular plastic surgeries.
When performing a Tummy Tuck procedure, doctors pay specific attention to two factors. The first is the removal of extra fat and skin following weight reduction or pregnancy, and the second is abdominal muscle laxity treatment. The Tummy Tuck procedure, like other procedures, necessitates a lengthy incision and will leave a Tummy Tuck scar afterward.
What To Do To Reduce Tummy Tuck Scar?
There are several options for reducing your Tummy Tuck scar. The scars from your Tummy Tuck surgery might be visibly minimized and barely apparent if you use the following treatments correctly.
- You should follow the care instructions given by your surgeon.
- It is important to monitor your skin for infection.
- You should start topical treatments at the right time. When your incision is no longer covered by scabs, you can start with topical treatments.
- You need to keep your skin well moisturized but don’t forget, you can only apply moisturizers directly to your scars after the incision has closed.
- It is also important to cover your scars from UV exposure because it makes your scars darker and thicker.
- You can try laser and light-based treatments right after your surgery.
- You can get micro-needling or collagen induction therapy.
- You can cover your scars with tattoos.
All in all, Tummy Tuck Scars shouldn’t be seen as a proper reason to give up getting a Tummy Tuck surgery. You can get more information about our Tummy Tuck procedures by filling out the form.